By Mike Chambers, Daniel Dura, Kevin Hoyt, Dragos Georgita
- What AIR is, and the issues this runtime goals to solve
- How to establish your improvement environment
- How to do universal initiatives, provided within the easy-to-use O'Reilly Cookbook format
• begin growing net staff and comprehend what they could and can’t do
• be certain which browser models aid the API
• Use devoted internet employees for projects that eat loads of CPU, similar to information parsing
• discover use circumstances for growing inline employees, corresponding to encapsulating an online app in a single web page
• Create a shared employee to speak a number of net app situations to the server, and different makes use of
• study top practices for debugging net employees
• follow internet employees in the server-side Node atmosphere
A number of client-side garage suggestions can be found to internet purposes, yet one zone that is been missing before is dossier I/O - the power to prepare binary facts right into a real hierarchy of folders. That has replaced with the arrival of HTML5. With this publication, you will find out how to supply your functions with a dossier procedure that permits them to create, learn, and write documents and folders in a sandboxed portion of the user's neighborhood filesystem.
However, you can also include other files, icons, directories, and assets that will be bundled with the AIR file, and installed alongside your application. These files will then be available to the application at runtime. Packaging and Deploying the AIR Application | 39 Creating an AIR File Using ADT The ADT command-line tool included in the Adobe AIR SDK is used to create AIR files. Its usage format is: adl –package AIRFILENAME FILESTOINCLUDE To create an AIR file for our application: 1. Open a terminal (Mac OS X) or Console (Windows) window.
2. xml files. the 3. xml This should launch your application within the standard system chrome of your operating system. Figure 2-2. AIRHelloWorld application running from ADL on Mac OS X If the application does not launch correctly, or if you get an error, check the following: Testing the Application | 35 • Make sure you have configured the SDK correctly, so that the ADL tool can be found. xml file. • Make sure that your application descriptor file contains well-formed XML. • Make sure the information in the application descriptor file is correct.
This model is sufficient for applications that are connected to a single service provider and rely on that service for data synchronization and storage. Primary AIR Technologies | 15 Some web developers have also stretched the browser security model by integrating data from multiple sources and/or by experimenting with user interfaces that are inconsistent with the browser chrome. Some of these applications require browser plug-ins with capabilities that aren’t currently provided by the browsers.